[TowerTalk] rotator problems

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rotator problems
From: aa4nn@juno.com (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:20:05 -0400
On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:30:07 -0400 "Gerry Bay" <gbay@home.com> writes:
> Today, I went to turn the antenna and noted that it works from about
> NW to
> East but that it binds up beyond these directions and stops turning.
>  I've
> checked the rotator bolts and they are tight.  The rotator makes all
> the > normal sounds in the sectors in which it rotates.
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
> 73 de Gerry, W1XY

Same type of thing happened to my GS1000SDX.  In my case what had
happened is the thrust bearing somehow got cocked up in its cradle and
that put the mast in a bind as the antenna rotated from 320 to 120 deg.

Vy 73, de Joe AA4NN
Eastern Top Band ARC,  Carolina DX Assn,  Carolina CW Ops,
Fairfield County Contesters, Ten-Tec only, CW only.
eeetet   ee