[TowerTalk] CC D40 on 30. Try 1

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CC D40 on 30. Try 1
From: jreisert@jlc.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:51:50 -0400
Terry,

I think you have errors in your text. You keep saying 6990 and 6950. Don't
you mean a frequency near 10.1 MHz?

If you want to get the frequency to rise, just remove the capacity hats and
than lengthen or shorten the end tips for resonance.  According to my
modeling of same, the antenna with the original 40-2CD loading coils
(approx. 11.5 microhenries), capacity hats removed and end tips set for a
total overall length of about 35 feet 4 inches should resonate close to
10.1 MHz. Remember that this is a shortened beam so the impedance may be
lower than 50 Ohms but should be well below 2:1 VSWR. Let me know if this
works. It should be pretty easy to do.

73,

Joe, W1JR