[TowerTalk] 4-square & 160m vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4-square & 160m vertical
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:12:38 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: W7XU Arliss <w7xu@dtgnet.com>
To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 1999 9:02 PM

> Hi,
>
> I have a 125' Rohn 25 tower that I use as a quarter-wave vertical
> on 160m.  I would like to hang a K8UR-style 4-square array for
> 80m from the tower, but am concerned regarding possible interaction
> between the vertical and the 4-square.  Does anyone have any
> experience with this sort of arrangement?
>
> Thanks & 73,
>
> Arliss  W7XU

Hi Arliss,
I just did that Friday! My tower is 193 feet with the insulators and
160m radials @ the 60 foot level.

I attached a rope and pully at the 120 foot level, and installed the K8UR
It is working beautifully! No interaction can be detected on either band.
I have 60 radials on the ground under the tower. Average length is 180 foot.
Go for it!

GL,
Phil, K5PC