[TowerTalk] The Treestand

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] The Treestand
From: thompson@mindspring.com (thompson@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 14:58:04 -0400
I was watching TV early this AM and there was an infomercial for the
hunter's treestand.  This is a variation of the deer stand that actually
goes up in a tree.

The example showed the tree stand (holds 1000 lbs), a foot stand, and
associated safety belts.  The infomercial showed both a tree and a large
tubular mast being climbed.

This looks like a possible aid in climbing trees or tubular mono poles.  I
have used a bow and arrow, the E-Z Hang sling shot and watched Dave Fischer
(now W7FB) use a fishing rod.  I also have a tree man who used a rope for
climbing.  I have used tree spikes in the past and have scars to prove it.
The results are not always what you want.  The pricing is less than 2 hours
of a good tree hands rate and you can probably get to 70 feet safely.  In
any case check it out at www.treestands.com.

I have no interest in this product except for putting up antennas.

73 Dave K4JRB