[TowerTalk] west coast buzzsaw from N0AH

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] west coast buzzsaw from N0AH
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 09:25:00 EDT
the 10 over nine noise continues........every morning, at exactly 1300Z, the
buzzsaw noise, or a plane propellar type noise,  covers the entire ssb
window......it peaks at 3.795.  It is a series of pulses that has a 30-40KHz
bandwidth.....from 3.780-3.810 most mornings- the spectrum scope shows these
little spikes moving accross the scope, thus, the buzzsaw effect- it comes
out of the NW/SW the strongest and SE the least- It has to be a broadband
radar of some sort, I think......the pulses are interesting.  Sometimes, the
buzzsaw goes on for 45 minutes, sometimes, in just a few short 60 - 90 second
tests.....but generally speaking, it continues in some fashion until it fades
out with sunrise- the folks on the west coast hear it too- so it is not local
or cable boxes etc..............anyone analyzing this?  I'm just guessing on
the radar-  73  Paul  N0AH   Carpenter, Wyoming