[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain rotor tip

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain rotor tip
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 18:13:54 -0500
I'll let the others kid you about the color code, Jim.

But, I know what you meant.

Be aware, that while observing the color code is highly effective
and reliable, there are cables out there that have different
colors.  My cable run to my rotator and remote antenna switch is
made up of at least two different types of cables--maybe even
three or four!.

In my junk box, I have at least one or two cables with large red
and black wires and brown, orange, yellow, green, blue, and
white small wires.  Yet another couple of cables with large white
and black wires and b,r,o, y, g, and b small wires..  So, don't
take it for granted what the colors are going to be.

In the ideal world, only one type of cable would be used at an
installation.  However, there are circumstances that arise where
'crossed' cable types are used.  The best thing to do is to
simply make up a wire list to tell you what is what on each end
and at the interface points in between.

Keep it for future reference--Guaranteed, you will need it.

I've found computer files to be very effective in keeping such
data in a place I can relocate it.  Win95 has made it much, much
easier to give meaningful and descriptive file names to aid
relocating the file.

I also put the current cable's color code on the back of the
rotator control box.  Should I ever have to remove the cable from
the control box, I know I can put it back the way it was without
guessing

73,
dale, kg5u

>I use the standard resistor color code.....1