[YCCC] Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Friendly towns in NH?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [YCCC] Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Friendly towns in NH?
From: jccrtv@jccrtv.com (jccrtv@jccrtv.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 12:59:32 -0400
>>>The cell companies beat our town hands down. A great wa to get your tower
ordinance thrown out is
>>>get a cell company to come in with big bucks lawyers.

Man, that's the truth! In Riverhead NY my in-laws live on a street, where
Bell Atlantic is going to put a cell tower. The street actively fought
against them at town hall. I'm amused by this because here were people I
know of, fighting a tower. Over in my town 20 miles away, I AM Mr. Tower.
Anyhow, over in Riverhead at my in-laws they have doctors living on their
street who spoke against the planned cell tower, the paranoia and fear came
out at the meeting "We don't want a big blinking Beacon keeping us awake at
night! We don't want the hum from the electricity heard throughout the
community! We'll have to all have our electricity rationed because of the
power that tower will consume!" One by one the townsfolk got emotional and
said NOT IN MY BACKYARD. The town board listened and said, "By law, we can't
stop Bell Atlantic from getting their tower. Show us something in the law we
can use against them and we will, but as we see it there is no grounds to
deny Bell Atlantic." Glad I don't live there BTW, cause in their by-laws all
ham towers are prohibited except towers "owned by licensed amateur operators
to be used for RECEIVING only, no transmitting, and they must be under 40
feet."  Yipes.