[TowerTalk] Am I asking too much from my Hy-gain 3 el. 40m. ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Am I asking too much from my Hy-gain 3 el. 40m. ?
From: audone@varonaguido.com (Carlo Audone)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:55:19 +0200
Hi,
  I have built a tower (85 feet high) with an Hy-gain 3 elements for 40
meters.
I have spent a lot of money and time but the results are not so good.
The antenna in trasmission is ok but for me is not the same in receiving.
A lot of time when I call, stations listen me and give me very high reports
but I listen them very very loud. Dx stations said me that a lot of people
is
calling me but I don't listen them.
Am I asking too much ?
Is because it is not a full-size antenna ?
The tower is not high ?
Thank you

                                IK1SLE Carlo