[TowerTalk] Wind Loading Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wind Loading Question
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:36:02 -0400
At 12:55 AM 10/14/1999 -0400, AA4NN wrote:

>Say, Kurt, is there someway you could maybe condense your response,
>make it a little more understandable to the masses out here?
>Maybe get right to the point, as it were?

Hey Joe, it was clear enough for me, and I'm no engineer.  This is not a
simple topic, and Kurt does a great job of conveying difficult technical
content to the rest of us.

A couple of months ago, he rescued me from a design decision that would
have overloaded my Rohn 25 by about 50 percent, resulting from the
inconsistencies between area figures used by tower and antenna manufacturers.

Keep it up, please, Kurt!

73,  Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower