[TowerTalk] wanted - tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] wanted - tower
From: mgoins@usa.net (M Goins)
Date: 16 Oct 99 17:23:58 America/Fort_Wayne
Sorry if this is a re-post, but the first version seemed to disapper and not
show up on the reflector.

I am looking for a tower in the Houston area (something like 50-60 feet), and
would prefer something like a 25g tiltover. Will definately consider anything
available. I'm planning on putting a 2 el quad back up so the wind load is not
a lot.

Has anyone used the 25g tiltover? Any problems? What about the aluminum towers
(I've only used steel towers in the past and am intrigued by the lighter
weight if tilted to work on the antenna).

Finally, there is an old post about the Cubex ring transformer, but I can't
find where anyone answered his questions. Anyone ever use it to tie all three
elements together? It's marginally cheaper than a used switchbox, and seems
like a possibility for feed.

Thanks for any help.
Mike wb5yjx