R: [TowerTalk] feeding stacks - summary

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: R: [TowerTalk] feeding stacks - summary
From: Maurizio Panicara" <i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:37:13 +0200

If antennas are tightly mutually coupled and self impedances different, a
line lenght would never transform them
in pure current sources.

My point is that the quarter wave lines apply well to 75 Ohm cable where
eventually they transform a 50 Ohm to approximately 100 Ohm in the way that
paralleled the cables at the end the impedance is again close to 50 Ohm and
no transformer is involved in the game of phasing and matching.

When phase and match is performed by a broadband (multiband) device it's a
nonsense to introduce a device fixing (real or theorical) frequency
limitations.

73,
Mauri I4JMY (one of IG9A MM, see you in next WW ssb)