[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3 Problems

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3 Problems
From: joe.carvalho@wcom.com (Joe Carvalho)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 08:07:47 -0600
I should have read the postings a bit sooner... Got my C3 via UPS a week
ago. UPS aka Brown-Bombers totally trashed the carton, yet the contents
escaped unscathed!!!  Assembly went quick and the C3 was hoisted to the roof
for tuning. Winds kicked up after lunch and ZZzzziiing! so did the SWR as
the elements surrounding the 20m element attempted to occupy the same space
in time as it. Not good, the breeze wasn't more than 20mph. Saturday evening
we had a few inches of snow and an icing condition on the elements. Major
drooping, although it took a stiffer breeze to bump the elements into each
other.

Suggestions?

--joe
DE KR6NA/0...Pine, Colorado