[TowerTalk] Beverage antenna switchbox RX spikes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beverage antenna switchbox RX spikes
From: kinderh@cadvision.com (Steve Babcock)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:49:02 -0600
I have 2 remote 12v relay switchboxes for my various Beverage rx antennas.
One box switches with a voltage on the coax feed, will the other runs on a
separate voltage line against ground.
When switching antennas on either box I get a pretty good s-9 or more
"spike" on the FT-1000 radio.
What am i missing to reduce this voltage spike?  Diodes across the relay
coils? (problem is one relay needs to switch with both + and - voltage) What
about capacitors?
Or do i just live with it?...kinda "kills" the radio for a few microseconds
until the AGC recovers though.

any help?  de Steve VE6WZ.