[TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Defects

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Defects
From: w6ter@worldnet.att.net (Gerald Smith)
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 16:38:09 -0500
I just took dly of 26 sections of Rohn 45. I have observed some of the
holes in the tubing are not aligned. One tube has the large end with
holes 90 degrees off (strangely, the other end of the same tube is
correct). I noticed another, again the large end only, is off about 10
degrees. Now, I either have to build a test fixture or preasemble tower
sections to determine how many are bad. Alternatively, I could say to
Rohn/Rohn dealer, come check the quality of these sections, at your
expense. Anyone else had this problem? Your solution?

Incidentally, I will not drill additional holes or reem existing holes.
To much risk in strength reduction.

Gerry, W6TER