[TowerTalk] re: cqd cqd

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] re: cqd cqd
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:38:23 EST
In a message dated 11/11/99 9:11:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mdunlap@pressenter.com writes:

<< OK, I know this is not a tower related question but it's for all you ship
 enthusiasts/historians  out there.

 What frequency did the illfated RMS Titanic broadcast its distress signal
 on that fateful night of 1912?  Actually it was the FIRST SOS that was used
 replacing the long used CQD.

 Bye the way, this isn't a test!  Before I start looking elsewhere for the
 answer I thought I'd  pose this question to this forum to see if one might
 just know the  sought  after information.

 Thanks in advance for all your help!!

 A very '73 !!

 Mike   K0NWA

        ............ 895.05 Mhz.......it  was also the FIRST time a cell
phone was used but that secret went down with the ship.    Steve,  K1PEK
    Davis RF Co.