[TowerTalk] Stainless Bolts and Nuts on Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stainless Bolts and Nuts on Tower
From: billp@wwpc.com (Bill Putney)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:41:16 -0800
So... Is it the general opinion that these towers would be better off with a
pins and cotter pins. That would eliminate all the over/under tightening issues
and would be secure as far as falling out. I suppose cotter pins would be a
more attractive thing to malicious passers by.

Sounds like the down thrust is born by joint to the next section and the bolts
just keep the sections from tipping apart (in an unguyed application) and align
the legs.

Whats the solution to the mystery of the two different sized bolts? This was
probabily illumintated before but I missed it.

- Bill