[TowerTalk] Crimping PL-259s, Installing PL-259 Connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crimping PL-259s, Installing PL-259 Connectors
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:15:23 EST
Steve,    Scott pointed out that there are a lot of "hacks" in the industry.
True.  You point out that you do them correctly yourself (because of the
hacks you've experienced).  Most any ham can do them correctly with a decent
tool and connectors.  You point out no way you'll use trashy crimps on $2.00
per foot line.  I agree, that's why I use what I sell and vice
versa.....they're not trashy connectors.  Also, if its LMR or Heliax etc. I
use the Times or Andrew Licensed installers that I've picked, to insure the
proper installation  and to insure the cable and connector warranty.   Thanks
    Steve, K1PEK    DAVIS RF Co.

In a message dated 11/19/99 12:43:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,