[TowerTalk] 30 Meter Yagi recommendation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 30 Meter Yagi recommendation
From: jreisert@jlc.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:31:12 -0500
Karl,

Create has a great 30 meter 2 element shortened (about 30 feet per element)
loaded rotary beam antenna. I think it's a modified ZL special since it
uses a modified log periodic feed system. I just put one up that I luckily
obtained from an estate. It measured at least 4 dBd on my test range. F/B
was poor, only 8-9 dB, but that is not out of line for a 2 element antenna.

Let me know if you find a source, a price and a spec sheet. I did't get any
of them in the estate sale! However, I got a great performing beam. I
worked DXCC #305, 306 and 307 on 30-meters only in the first month with the
new antenna!

73,

Joe, W1JR