[TowerTalk] Finding stuff on Internet, i.e. Cushcraft Parts ordering, et

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Finding stuff on Internet, i.e. Cushcraft Parts ordering, etc.
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 15:54:40 EST
Gary,  You asked if Cushcraft is on line and if parts ordering was avail.
The following "help" is not  assuming that you need all this info but maybe
will help others.   In my business I do a lot of searching for
companies/suppliers/data.  The easiest way to do it is to first take the co.
name and try it as a web address on your internet browser, i.e.:
www.cushcraft.com.  This happens to be Cushcraft's on line address.

  If that doesn't work, go to a search engine such as www.yahoo.com  or
www.altavista.com.   Search for the name, i.e. cushcraft to find their site.

  Sorry for the short lesson in what some may think is the obvious, but I've
been there before and many still are.  Those who are can get a faster answer
knowing the Internet procedure, although our friends here on TT are very
quick and resourceful.

  Once you get to Cushcraft, you will see that they have a "down load"
catalog.  A lot of neophytes, as I was, to Internet find this need for
"Acrobat" reader intimindating.  In fact, it is very easy to download into
your system, it is free, and it is the mechanism  most sites format their
catalogs under a (whatever).pdf   .Pdf is a file format that Acrobat
translates for you.  The instructions for use are easy.  The main point is
that this is a software in your system which either your system will open up
when it recognizes that a file you want to download is a " (whatever).pdf
file.   OR, if your system doesn't automatically open the file via its
Acrobat software, then you open the Acrobat software that you've downloaded,
go to its "file open" and enter the name of the file (a catalog, etc) that
you have downloaded.    As long as it is a (whatever).pdf, Acrobat will take
care of it.

  On quick inspectioin, it doesn't look like the Cushcraft site has on line
ordering but they have dealers listed and if you have the catalog you'll have
the info you need.  I'm sure that Cushcraft will sell you direct, at full
list, if you call them directly.

Again, sorry if I'm talkin basics here that you already know but maybe this
will help the less experienced reading this.  I've been there, and still am
certainly not as PC and internet astute as I'd like to be.   Cheers,  Steve
Davis, K1PEK  DAVIS RF Co.
DAVIS RF Co., commercial wire and cable, custom cable design.  Discounts to
hams.  Heliax, LMR, RFS, Belden, BURY-FLEX Tm.  Various aerial wiring; wire
aerial parts; transmission lines, insulators, baluns, RF connectors and
Dacron rope.  www.davisRF.com .  1-800-328-4773, (For all RF hardline related
items, please ask for Steve Davis)   Thank you!
"The Triad":  Davis RF Co.; Orion Wire Corp.; and The Wire Man, Inc.:
Variegated expertise; resources and buying power yielding numerous quality
products at highly competitive pricing.

In a message dated 12/4/99 3:09:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,