[TowerTalk] Tower loading

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower loading
From: boerkamp@nortelnetworks.com (Ted Boerkamp)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:05:11 -0500
Hello everyone.....I have a 48ft heavy duty delhi tower (rated for 9 sq ft) with
20ft mast (10ft sticking up out of the tower) , tailtwister, 2 bearings and a
TH7
tribander at about 55ft... i am just wondering if I were to add guy wires to the

tower (its a self support), can I add more loading to it?? ie. 2 el 40
I dont know how conservative the rating of the tower is.....I wish to improve
my antenna situation on 40m (presently an inv-v which doesnt work too well)
Any other ideas?? Any help or advice is appreciated.....73 Ted VE3SS