[TowerTalk] TowerTalk] The ultimate one tower system? / Swing gate

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk] The ultimate one tower system? / Swing gate
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 08:07:52 -0600
N4AR went one step further on a 10 / 15M stack.

He built a housing to support a thrust bearing and Tailtwister
rotor at ground level.  He then stacked galvanized pipe along
side the R45 tower, spaced and supported by angle iron? braces
attached to two tower legs.  U-bolts were loosely placed around
the rotating mast by putting nuts on each side of the brace
creating a small gap to allow the mast to rotate.  (Aluminum
channel could also be used to the bracing).

de  Tom  N4KG