[TowerTalk] FL2100Z SWR INSERTION

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FL2100Z SWR INSERTION
From: K7GCO@aol.com (K7GCO@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 16:06:24 EST
   In a message dated 26.12.99 10:51:47 Pacific Standard Time,
py1yb@urbi.com.br writes:
 <<
  A friend of mine installed a C3 - F12 and was very satisfied with the VSWR
  curve. At the center of each band he got:

  14.0 = 1,2
  21.0 = 1,5
  28.0 = 1,4

  he had problems when added the linear (YAESU FL2100Z) on the line. The VSWR
  rises to:

  14.0 = 1,5
  21.0 = 2,2
  28.0 = 2,2

  Has anyone experienced this problem before?

  Happy 2K  4  everybody

  Thanks

  Ivan/PY1YB
   www.qsl.net/py1yb
  py1yb@urbi.com.br
  py1yb@qsl.net

   Plan A: It wasn't stated if the SWR bridge was before or after the linear.
 The relays and extra coax can change SWR readings in the real SWR world.
Make sure the SWR bridge is after the linear and let me know what happens.
Have you changed SWR bridges?
    How long has the beam been up?  If putting the SWR bridge after the
linear doesn't solve the problem I'll give you plan B.  Is it easy to take
the beam down?
 k7gco