[TowerTalk] Rotator Bolt Loosening

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator Bolt Loosening
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 15:09:44 -0800
I believe there was a lengthy discussion of rotator bolt loosening on
the TT reflector sometime in the last 2 years. It covered the pros and
cons of the different types of Loctite, proper torqing, lock washers,
technology used in putting together race car engines that stay together,
etc. I did a quick search using the list searcher on Contesting.com.
There were 276 hits when I searched "rotator bolts". I know that there
has been some discussion of corrosion and electrolysis of anchor rods
and ground rods. Mighty useful feature, that list searcher. 73, Dan,
N5AR