[TowerTalk] Side mounting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Side mounting
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 10:31:48 EST
diverken@chaffee.net writes:

> I have a humonguous tower (34" on a side, triangular) and have a side mount
>  @ 50'. Side mount is homemade and is very sturdy. Currently there is an A4s
>  on the side mount with HAM IV. The problem is the tower is so wide that the
>  antenna has very limited turning without the driven element hitting the
>  side of the tower. I was wondering if anyone knows of any tribander where
>  there is a pretty good space between the frist element and the center
>  boom/mast mount? If that first element from the mount was further out on
>  the boom, the turning radius would be greater.
>
>  My Force 12 C36XR has an element very close to the mount, so I assume the
>  Force 12 tribanders would not be an improvment in turning radius.
>
>  Any thoughts on other models of tribanders that might be an improvement
>  over the A4s?

    A "humonguous tower" eh? This'll teach you - hi.

    Two choices: 1) You need to go to 4L monobanders in order to get enough
space between the elements or 2) go to a TIC Ring.

    A TH7 will turn around 45G but I can't remember about the C31; I think
it's got 31 inches available. I don't know of any tribander that'll make it
around your tower.

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech