[TowerTalk] Taper schedule for free-standing verticals?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Taper schedule for free-standing verticals?
From: gjerning@flash.net (Arne Gjerning)
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 19:51:51 -0700
Good taper schedule for aluminum tubing is to use diameters differences
of 1/8 (0.125) and to use a wall of 0.058 thickness. These telescope
together very nicely. Note the difference betweeen the 0.125 diameter
differences and two times the wall thickness (2 x 0.058=0.116) allows
for a 0.009 clearence of the innner to outer tuging. I use then the saw
cut and stainless steel hose clamp technique to secure. Always remove
ALL burrs when making any cuts. All dimensions are english.

thin and not a standard in the antenna world.

My 18th Edition of the ARRL Antenna Handbook has a very useful table of
aluminum tubing from 3/16 to 3 in diameters. Try Chapter 20 page 20-7.
Chapter is titled Antenna Materials and Accessories.

73 de Arne N7KA
NM