[TowerTalk] "Danger: RF Radiation" Sign?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Danger: RF Radiation" Sign?
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 06:40:20 -0500
Hi Nat,

> I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good source for a "Danger: RF
> Radiation" or like sign to post in the near vicinity of the verticals? I'm
> hoping this might keep people as far away from them as possible and reduce
> possible liability and or RF safety issues. Also, any other suggestions
> that you may have for keeping people away from ground-mounted antennas in
> addition to a sign would be very much appreciated. Thanks again!

You could put a sign there that says "toxic waste".

That sign would have the same effect, making your neighbors think
your are causing a bio-hazzard.

I'd go along with the dog warnings, and maybe a no trespassing. If
you are worried about liability insulate the verticals with a thin layer
of PVC or something, but no matter what you do I'd stay away from
signs that might make your neighbors think you are hurting their
health.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com