[TowerTalk] 80m Vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m Vertical
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 05:06:34 -0600
The height of the radials above ground is a factor in effeciency.
N6BT has reported that for good efficiency, they need to be
>0.05 WL above ground (14 ft on 80M).  Two radials will work,
but  "more is better".

I have an 80M elevated (reverse fed) top-loaded GP with 10
radials that are 15 ft above ground.  The antenna "feels" quite
competitive and will sometimes even beat out my high dipoles
at 130 ft.  I have worked 230 countries on 80M with this antenna
(322 lifetime total).  See my article in JUNE 1994 QST.

de  Tom  N4KG

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001  "Joe Sloss" <sloss@mindspring.com> writes:
> Would appreciate end-user performance comments on a single Force
> EF180BV using 2 elevated radials over average soil.
> What's your experience?  Thanks, Joe K7MKS

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.