[TowerTalk] Re: KH7M 80M Doublet

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: KH7M 80M Doublet
From: kh7m@hsa-kauai.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 12:07:57 -1000
> I'm sure we would all like to know how high your 80M doublet
> is off the  ground?

Hi Ted,

Nothing special,  is up inverted-V style.  Center is hanging from
a Dacron cord up on my crank up;  feed point up there is probably
about 50 or so feet high and out,  maybe 8 feet from the tower.

The rope holding the wire end running South,
is supported by a Radio Shack push up pole tied into a wild guava
tree out back; that end is up around 30 feet from the ground,
some 15 feet above the tree top.  The North running end is up
only around 15 feet,  and the rope supporting that end is tied off
in a young Royal Palm tree in our front yard.  I am thinking of
raising that end by putting an RS push up pole,  tied to the palm
tree.  However,  my XYL does not think much of that idea for
the front of the house!

I use my EF Johnson kW Matchbox to tune the doublet,  use it
all the time on 40 meters also with the tuner.

73,  Jim,  KH7M