[TowerTalk] PROP PITCH -bell gear info needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] PROP PITCH -bell gear info needed
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan or Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 02:08:57 -0800
Hello Marc,

If your prop pitch motor has been modified already, and it sounds like it has
since it turns fast with only 10 volts DC, it is ruined and probably cannot be
repaired.

This idea to remove one set of gears from a prop pitch that was developed in the
early '50s is a very poor idea in my opinion.  I modified one and after that, it
would not hold my antennas in position during a wind.  I use one now that is not
modified to turn my large 5 element 20 meter beam on a 48 foot boom and I am
very happy with it.  I use about 35 volts AC on it and it turns at about 1 rpm
which is a very good speed for a large antenna.

If I were you, I would look for a different prop pitch motor to use.

Stan
w7ni@teleport.com