[TowerTalk] Shadowing of small antennas by larger ones?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shadowing of small antennas by larger ones?
From: jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:21:53 -0600
And Guys .....

> only if it is enough to worry about.  Do any of you know the answer
> with some convincing evidence?

If some one is modeling the shadowing effect could he also explore the
situation where the top antenna is placed at right angles to the lower
antenna. I am putting a C31XR and EF-240s on my tower. Force 12 claims the
separation should be about 12' if the two antennas are pointed in the same
direction and 6' if they are pointed at right angles to each other. The 6'
separation of course has the advantage of reducing the mast strength
requirement and it also reduces some of the load on the tower.

tnx .... sylvan

Sylvan Katz
Saskatoon, Sask
VE5ZX & G0TZX