[TowerTalk] For all us antenna nuts....

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] For all us antenna nuts....
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 08:59:17 EST
In a message dated 2/2/01 5:29:52 AM Pacific Standard Time, w1nr@eecorp.com
writes:

> The ham epitome of filthy-richness?

    How do you figure? To me it's the ham epitome of a world class contesting
competitor. Whether you're sailboat racing, sports car racing, orchid growing
or competing on a high level with anything, you assemble the most competitive
set-up you can. Everyone starts at the bottom with a trap vertical, low
dipole, etc. and starts refining their set-up based on their passion for the
sport and abilities. Some people have LOTS of passion and are able to
assemble and compete at the highest levels.

    I'm *impressed* because I know how much work it is!

    And it doesn't hurt that Matt, KC1XX, is professional ham tower guy.
There are a handful of others that includes myself, K7PN, KJ6Y and others who
specialize in ham radio projects while W3NRS, K8LX and WB9Z do mostly
commercial stuff.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech
Champion Radio Products