[TowerTalk] mast clamp name

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] mast clamp name
From: w9ol@billnjudy.com (Bill)
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 18:49:27 -0600
Thanks Pete
I know what riser clamps are. I have the mother of all riser clamps as a
sort of a bearing on my tower.
I built my house and when I built the big chimney I installed
substantial anchor bolts into the masonry.
>From those bolts are rectangular tube, welded to one side of the riser
clamp.
The riser clamp sit inside the edge of a small car rim that had it's web
torched out to fit around a Wilson rotating tower.
A little grease in side the rim with the loose fitting riser clamp and I
have a rotating bushing at the top of the first tower section.
Really adds stability to the structure.

I'm leaning more towards a pipe clamp that they use to stop a leaky
pipe.