[TowerTalk] Re: VE3BMV Razor beams

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: VE3BMV Razor beams
From: Jan.E.Holm@telia.se (Jan.E.Holm@telia.se)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 08:16:41 +0100
      Yes but 20 dB better then a 5 el Telerex Yagi, get real!

      de Jim SM2EKM

      PS: Back in the early seventies competition was a far
      cry from what it is today.
      In Sweden there where hardly no big antennas, just 3
      banders. In 1973 I put up a 6 el 20 Yagi on 55 ft boom
      and that thing was a big thing back then, you had to go
      600 miles to the south in Sweden to find something of
      equal size, down to SM5BLA since he had some bigger
      antennas, however BLA always cllaimed to have very
      tall towers but instead they where about half as high as
      he claimed, makes me think about the razor claim.
      Also people runing 500 - 1000W was considered runing
      high power, these days runing high power means 5 - 10
      kW. As one did sing once "times are a changeing", so
      belive me competition was no nothing back then compared
      to whats going on these days