[TowerTalk] Quad vs. yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Quad vs. yagi
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 07:28:22 -0600
Yuri,

I find two of your claims very misleading or questionable.

1 -  You stated your Razor beams had 10 dB more gain
      than a 6L Yagi.  This seems preposterous.  I expect
      your razor beams are good antennas, but not THAT good.

2 - You compare your CQ WW records with stations
     in USA.  From Canada you can work thousands
     of USA contacts that represent ZERO point QSO's
     for USA stations.  NOT a level playing field.

de  Tom  N4KG

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001  K3BU@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 2/8/2001 02:55:04 Eastern Standard Time,
> Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl writes:
>

> >  Your "Razors" are just like the Loch Ness Monster - Lots of talk
> about some
> >  faded photos but not a single word of PROPER description...
> >
> >  Zoli HA1AG
> >

> Those who nicely ask about them, request information and I don't
> mind to
> share the information with them, can have it for free, against
> nondisclosure
> agreement (and many have).
> Razors are not public property, they were not developed with
> government
> money, so I am not obliged to share it with anybody.
> They are proprietary design, I designed them on 2m models, real life
>
> situation. I spend 3 months developing them. They were my secret
> weapon to
> achieve over 16 world records, which speak for their reality.
> Pictures were
> published to let the others know what it was, how it looked. When I
> will come
> up with next generation of antennas, then maybe I will publicize it.
> You can touch the Razor, it is a monster, but not Loch Ness. If YOU
> want to
> try them out, you can try to figure them out and build them.
> Configuration
> and spacing can be figured out from the pictures, rest you would
> have to play
> around with.
> Good Luck!
>
> Yuri, K3BU