[TowerTalk] Dream on, he will have to prove it to manufacturers on his d

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dream on, he will have to prove it to manufacturers on his designs
From: poster@gate.net (Jack)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 17:49:43 -0500
You can't just talk about it but will have to model it in a antenna
program.

What a wakeup!
    Funny thing happened last night. We went to Graduation Ball for my
wife's
niece. We had good time, met many old friends, had few adult beverages.
Then
went to bed. My brain functions in mysterious ways. Many times when I
work on
a problem trying to figure out solutions and then go to sleep, my
fricken
brain keeps going, "thinking" on its own. Some times, when I am half
asleep,
I catch it thinkin or dreaming about big antennas or big something
(honey,
it' not boobs :-). Some times, if it is important, I try to remember it.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I forget. No wonder I wake up tired :-)
    This morning I caught it thinkin: "Yuri, you are stupid!"
    Huh? Wassat? So I opened one eye, pretending that I am still asleep,
see
what more my brain has to say. It went like this: "TT reflectees and
Rauchians are making fun (fool? I wasn't sure) of you. You did some good

work, discovered few things and you are playing modest contester who
just
wants to have a fun a beat them big mouth, never done anything chronic
complainers."  Hmmm, this is true! Shhhht, keep going brain!
    Brain keeps crankin: "Look, you are getting old, you are having more
time
now, you almost mastered EZNEC, you have better tools now than way back,
so
get off your butt and keep going on shattering the "conventional"
antenna
wisdom and myths you moron!" (It is a little incoherent, but what you
expect
from half asleep brain.)
"Look,  others are making money on describing crap, making and selling
crap,
getting glory and you got ridiculed on TT for having a good thing and
for
having done something that nobody has done yet. Wake up Man!!!"
    I slowly opened my second eye, looked around, who's talking? oh,
it's my
brain giving me hell. Waita minute! She/he (?) is right. What a wakeup!
Must
have been all those "nice" comments saying that I am all wet that got my

brain excited and "kicked me" in the head.
    So I am thinking. Yea! I acquired some experience and wisdom, done
thing
or two that others didn't. I don't like to spoil my radio fun by doing
things
professionally. But maybe I can combine what I love to do, with getting
some
recognition for it or, heck maybe even make an extra buck, so I can buy
that
dream radio island. I don't have to get involved with day to day radio
business activity (to poison my ham fun), but I can be developing
products
and licensing them to manufacturers. That's IT! Eureka, stupid!
    So after I read my "last" posting and private email from all those
decent
hams who encouraged me, summarized some comments, I decided that in
order to
continue having fun inventing and designing, getting some credit for it,

maybe even making buck from it (it is capitalistic society after all), I
will
learn, make some changes in my attitude and proceed accordingly. If you
enjoy
my rantings here on TT, I will gladly continue to do so (thank you
Steve), if
I get thrown out, I guess I will start my own, uncensored reflector or
bunch
of directors and those interested could follow.
    So as the saying goes:
    "You can lead the horse to the water, ....." (....I will drink it
all :-)
    I will do more writing (thank you W6SAI for shining example, we are
very
sorry to miss you and your writings!)
    I will do inventing and designing.
    I will be open to manufacturers for any bids on my designs.
    I will share my experiences and knowledge with fellow hams.
    I will fight ignorance and deception where I can (by educating and
explaining).
    As far as requests for dimensions on Razors, please wait for a while
will go over them with check in EZNEC and real models, see if they can
be
improved, then I will write up the story. It will make it easier to
reproduce
them and who knows, maybe you will be able to buy them from ...?
    Thanks again especially to those with kind remarks, I will try to
answer
you personally.
    Thank you W8JI, SM2EKM, W7LFD, K2AV, N1IR and other TTs for a wake
up
"kick" in the head!  (I am already giving credit where its due! :-)
    In the mean time, don't throw away your loop elements.
    Stand by for more! - as Paul Harvey would say. New, improved Yuri is

sharpening his tools, more sparks will fly!

Yuri,  <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/k3bu/index.htm";>K3BU,  </A><A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/ve3bmv/index.htm";>VE3BMV,</A> VE1BY
 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/k3bu/TeslaRC.htm";>Tesla Radioclub</A>
N2EE,