[TowerTalk] Elevated Radials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Elevated Radials
From: i4jmy@iol.it (i4jmy@iol.it)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:40:58 +0100
If radials are far enough from ground to really approximate an
electrical counterpoise, then it's better if the counterpoise itself is
symmetrical in order to decouple the antenna from the transmission line
and to minimize the (far field) radiation caused by radials.
If radials are elevated but still too close to the ground to act as a
real floating counterpoise, then it doesn't really matter how exactly
long they are and if they are all the same lenght.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

Inverted