[TowerTalk] F-12 C3S assembly hints?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] F-12 C3S assembly hints?
From: huntleyr@gte.net (Roger Huntley)
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:37:32 +0000
Nat,
I just finished assembling a C31-XR and was very impressed with the
construction and ease in which it was assembled.  The tubing for each element
was bundled together with tape and each connection on the tubing was marked
with a marker so there was no guessing where each element connected.  However I
did have to drill three or four element holes larger to allow all three rivets
to go in as one, and in some cases two holes would align but the third one
would be just slightly off not allowing the rivet to be installed.  Nothing
major however, but I was under the impression each antenna was assembled before
shipping and that could not have happened on my antenna.  It is the best ham
antenna product I have ever purchased, in fact, I just received a C-3 that I
will be assembling in preparation to shipping it to the North Cook Islands for
this years CQ WW SSB contest.  Enjoy yours.
73,
Roger, W7VV