[TowerTalk] 2 El 40M Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2 El 40M Yagi
From: gjerning@flash.net (Arne Gjerning)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 23:20:06 -0700
I am pleased with my CC 40-2CD at 100ft (12 ft above my 5el 20M 52ft
boom). Its set up for CW and do only on special occasion go to SSB and
get away with operating there briefly (do not like 40M ssb usually). I
changed a few things while mouning it, replacing element/boom mounting
plates with stronger, using Hy Gain Cast Al mast clamps and trussed
above the antenna using 1/8" SS wire rope. Its been up for over 10 years
and still works great. An added benefit, it outperforms my 4el 17M yagi
on 26ft boom that is at 58 ft by usually substantial margine (2 S
units). I would love to have enough tower to stack 2 of these, but thats
for later. Just my personal opinion of this antennas after all the CC
comments recently. I got mine used from a friendafter it had been up 1
year.

73 de Arne N7KA