[TowerTalk] Re: 40M beam at modest height

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: 40M beam at modest height
From: Jan.E.Holm@telia.se (Jan.E.Holm@telia.se)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:19:17 +0100
      Absolutley! I had a big 4 el 40 at 65 feet and it worked great,
      wish I still had it, took it down to be put on another tower
      at a greater hight, however that other tower must first be
      erected and it took longer time then I intended, hopefully soon.
      Whis I even had a 2 el at 60/70 feet since it will beat the 4
square
      I use right now.

      73, Jim SM2EKM

I have to agree... I had a 2 el 40m at 75' and it was a great antenna...
wish I had it up now...

Peter said:
>My unequivocal conclusion is that, on 40 meters, a yagi on a 20
>meter tower = 60 feet is quite a performer and sets the station
>significantly ahead of those using lesser antennas.

 <<Fil: [TowerTalk] 40M beam at modest height.TXT>>