[TowerTalk] Coax Rating

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax Rating
From: jreisert@jlc.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 10:33:08 -0500
Hi Bob,

Per the ARRL Antenna Book, the approximate power rating of RG8X with 1:1
VSWR and 40 degrees C. ambient is 1830 Watts on 160 meters, 840 Watts on 40
Meters and only 360 Watts on 10-meters. Hams are notorious for exceeding
manufacturers ratings. Given the small size of RG8X, the power ratings seem
to be in line of what I would expect. Furthermore, given it's rather soft
foam, I wouldn't want to bend it very much!

73,

Joe, W1JR