[TowerTalk] Re: [ham-law] Tower Age

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [ham-law] Tower Age
From: davidw@copper.net (David J. Windisch)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 05:56:51 -0500
K1VR wrote <about a good idea, in my not so mumbled opinion>.

I am having a similar experience.   Hamilton County, OH cannot find record
of the inspection for the hole and steel base for my tower.  It (the tower)
has been up, down, and up again, during the last 2-1/2 years.    I suspect
that one or more of the newer neighbors grieved at sight of the latest
resurrection.

There is no real-time receipt for the inspection 'visit'.   It is mailed
after the event;  the go-ahead is customarily given by the inspector, who
usually arrives coincident with the slush pump.

Fortunately, I have otherwise complete documentation, including receipt for
a bunch of concrete and re-bar.

Take a Polaroid picture of the inspector and the hole, before and after.
Have the inspector sign and date the back of the 'before' snap, if he can't
wait.

73, Dave, K3BHJ

P.S.  Arrrriiiite, you m-odd-ernists.   Take a *digital* pic, print it out,
etc.  :o)))