[TowerTalk] Portable tower for wire beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Portable tower for wire beam
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 21:56:31 -0600
I recommend a REFLECTOR array for better gain-bandwidth.

Last year I installed a wire 2L 40 reflector array inverted vee
style at our field day site (K4BFT).  For the first time ever,
we beat the 20M station and W1 / VE's were calling us
which is quite rare.  The reflector was 70 ft and the elements
were pulled out 100 ft to each side.  The boom was a 1/4 inch
rope pulled over two 50 ft high baseball field light fixtures
after shooting a fishing line over them with a sling shot.
Element spacing was 20 ft.  The beam was aimed North
(from ALA) and for the west coast, we use a vertically
polarized Delta Loop fed 1/4 WL down from the apex
which is supported at 50 ft and aimed broadside to W6/7.

de Tom  N4KG