[TowerTalk] Rohn Top Section or Rooftop Quadpod?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Top Section or Rooftop Quadpod?
From: wd3q@erols.com (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:04:18 -0500
Looking for recommendations, comments, thoughts on the following:

I want to raise my roof-mounted C-3SS to get it away from possible
interaction with my roof. It's about 6 feet over the peak.  If I hit
the lottery (virtually, that is) and get the antenna high enough off
the roof, I may even upgrade to
a C-4!

My choices are to go with a Rohn 25 (flat)top section or a GME
quad-pod.  I *think* the Rohn route is less expensive (I won't need to
get the pieces "new"), but the tradeoff is that I'd have to guy
it.  And I'm not certain how the aesthetics committee (XYL) would
react.

I'd like to hear your constructive thoughts....

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC