[TowerTalk] durability

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] durability
From: andrew@gi0nwg.freeserve.co.uk (Andrew Williamson)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:39:10 +0100
In message <3.0.6.32.20010328053850.00970810@pop.gscyclone.com>, Pete
Smith <n4zr@contesting.com> writes
>At 07:55 AM 3/28/01 +0200, Jan.E.Holm@telia.se wrote:
>>Someone is wrong here. Several people just did testify
>>on this reflector that Force12 antennas will vibrate and
>>drop element parts, I think I will beleive the stories
>>from real life experience.
>>Sure doesnt seem very safe to buy this Force12 stuff
>
>Y'know, by that logic you wouldn't buy any manufacturer's antennas, because
>there are mechanical failure anecdotes to be found about them all.  Oh, and
>don't forget rotators, because they all break.

Agreed.  If people were reporting failures with different parts of an
antenna I'd put that down to random failures, build errors, whatever....

But, when a number of people are reporting the SAME failure in the SAME
antenna at the SAME place that should start the alarm bells ringing.

Andrew Williamson GI0NWG / AC6WI
Homepage = http://www.gi0nwg.freeserve.co.uk/

One of the ZL9CI gang
http://www.qsl.net/zl9ci/