[TowerTalk] Grips vs. clamps?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grips vs. clamps?
From: w7ni@easystreet.com (Stan or Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:40:27 -0800
Most of my guy wires use clamps but that is because I put
them up before I knew about grips.  If I were doing it over,
I would use grips.  The power companies and telephone
companies use mostly grips and, for the most part, I believe
they know what they are doing.

There is yet another method:  Nicopress fittings.  They are
usually made of copper (but there are some made of other
metals) and crimped in place with a special tool (expensive
. . .).  I have seen a lot of these used on large cranes and
I think crane riggers know what they are doing, too, for the
most part.

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com