[TowerTalk] Matching 75 ohm hardline for 3 bands

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Matching 75 ohm hardline for 3 bands
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 11:04:17 -0500
At 05:11 AM 3/31/01 -0500, Tom Rauch wrote:
>> Is there a solution for matching 75 ohm hard-line to a triband
>> antenna?...

>1.) Pick a length of 75 ohm cable that does not result in the worse
>impedance showing up at the 50 ohm cable connection point at the
>transmitter end.

am I right in thinking that the general answer would be to make the 75-ohm
feedline a multiple of a half-wavelength at the lowest operating frequency,
and that the worst situation would be if the 75-ohm were an odd number of
quarter-wavelengths?

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database