[TowerTalk] M2, A Positive Experience

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] M2, A Positive Experience
From: arnettr@onr.com (Ron Arnett)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 14:33:35 -0500
I have three M2 Orion Rotators which I use to rotate Force 12 tribanders on
a 100 foot tower.  Some of you may remember my query to the reflector about
this time last year in which I summarized my plan for the tower, the
selection of hardware, and asked for input from the group.  Many of the
suggestions including the addition of a the third tribander on the bottom of
the stack were added thanks to the input. Well the project was completed (if
they ever really get completed) the first week of November 2000.  Since then
I have been enjoying the DX and even some contesting!

Recently one of the rotators quit working.  Nothing, Gad! I consulted with
more learned hams in the area and then decided to call M2.  What a pleasant
experience!  I had called them before in getting the original setting for
the sidemounts done properly and now needed their help to trouble shoot the
rotator.  Eric was simply wonderful: very patient and knowledgeable.  He
walked me through the trouble shooting process which took more than a hour.
The process indicated that the rotator, motor, reed switch, and pulse
signals were all as to be expected.  Turned out to be one of my poor solder
connections.  But what a relief that it was not the rotator and what a great
help M2 was in eliminating their product from the trouble!

Many thanks to M2 for their Orion and their great customer service after the
sale!  Thanks also to Texas Towers, who had the best price even with the
state sales tax!!!

Ron Arnett
N5XD

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!
http://www.championradio.com

-----