[TowerTalk] TT problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TT problem
From: wd4ngb@qsl.net (Bruce)
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 12:04:26 +0000
Since nearly 80% of all vir*s are targeted at MSIE and Outlook, why
would anyone want to even use these? There are MUCH better e mail
clients available, and by using them, you reduce your chances of
getting a vir*s greatly. These Anti Vir*s programs are all nice, but
SOMEONE has to get the vir*s, then report it, allow the companies
time to study it, and then find a fix, and a way to block the vir*s
for the rest of the people. I do not wish to be one of the guys that
gets hit BEFORE they find a fix. Easiest thing to do, is Uninstall
Outlook, and then you will not be one of the 80% of the people
targeted in the 1st place...

Speaking of safe use of your PC, I came across a VERY good site to
test your PC on. It has links to several sites that will do a test of
your PC, and tell you how secure it is from the bad guys. If your PC
does not pass ALL of these test, your are open to have someone poking
around in your PC, and even dropping off files to it for there use at
a latter time. READ it all....

http://www.geocities.com/i_n_s_2000/

Take the time to test your PC....

73/DX, Bruce

The word Vir*s is intentional misspelled to not get blocked in the
e mail server filter.

Jim McDonald wrote:

> I have Outlook set to send messages in plain text, but there is an option
> for plain text that I don't understand.  You can specify MIME or Uuencode
> for plain text.  Anybody understand this?  Apparently plain text isn't so
> plain.
>
> When one is using Outlook or Outlook Express, the messages look great -
> perfect, in fact.  It's only when one reads their messages in Netscape, it
> seems that they appear to have attachments.  Outlook can send messages in
> plain text, HTML, or Rich Text Format.
>
> I like Outlook because it's what I use at work, and all of the received
> messages look fine.
>
> BTW, my Outlook is now set to plain text with MIME (not Uuencode), in case
> that's helpful in diagnosing what the problem is.
>
> Jim N7US

Bruce Richards / WD4NGB /E30GA team leader/ ex HL9JV
DX Page http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb
50 Miles North West of Nashville Tn

***** Eritrea DX-pedition ***********
http://www.qsl.net/eritrea/e3.htm