[TowerTalk] Value of Tic Ring Rotator?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Value of Tic Ring Rotator?
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 17:23:24 +0100
The 1022B is the "small" RR.  I've never heard of a full-size 40M 3L mounted
on anything but a 1032 "large" RR.

That large antenna, with all of its wind area on three moments flailing
around in the wind
causes much impact on the RR, especially with the ice you get in the east,
Bob.

My recommendation is that you *not* consider the 1022 for this application
(the full-size 3L 40M.).

BTW, to view several 1032 RRs, go to my Website:  www.erols.com/n3rr
I have five model 1032 RRs on my 134 ft tower.

73,

Bill, N3RR