[TowerTalk] Coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 12:39:43 +0000
Guys,

I've seen two schools of thought in running coax in PVC pipe.

The first school thinks it protects the coax.

The second school maintains it guarantees that the coax will sit in
water.
If coax is going to sit in water why bother.  They maintain it is
impossible to keep moisture out of the pipe and it accumulates with
time.  They suggest one design where the PVC pipe it it high in the
center and tips either direction into dry wells at the end.  Even this
design has problems when ground water table rises to the ends of the
pipes.

What is real world experience with this?

73 de Brian/K3KO

"Tim Makins, EI8IC" wrote:

> Surely its sensible to run all underground cables in a cheap PVC etc. water
> pipe. Then, you can change or add cables at a later date quite easily.
>
> Also, it gives added protection against future gardening attacks by the
> wife...
>
> Don't forget to  leave a draw-string in the pipe, as this makes it much
> easier to
> add extra cables later.
>
> 73s Tim EI8IC

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,